Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Read Your Vegetables

After taking a silly-long time, I finally finished Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle this past weekend::



I'm going to pass the buck on a proper-style review, but I will say that it is totally delightful, and encouraging. The NYT has more to say here.

Reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle was also the push that I needed to order the goods to make mozzarella at home and then enjoy it on top of the homemade pizza crust made from a recipe in Kingsolver's book -- and really, when was the last time a book led you to making your own soft cheese? (...besides maybe when you checked out Ricki Carroll's Home Cheesemaking from the library last week. If you haven't given it a look yet, I'll also add that it's pretty fantastic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment