Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wat Mahathat

I went to Wat Mahathat on Tuesday which is over near the Grand Palace and Silpakorn University.

The temple is on the grounds of a monastery, and there are tons of buildings and different things going on - most of which I couldn't tell you about - but in section 5 they have meditation for foreigners. The woman who was leading the meditation in English said they usually get either one or two or no foreign students each day.

It was nice to see the daily rhythms of the monastery cranking along - and I was also really proud of myself for getting there. The Chao Phraya is the river that runs through Bangkok, and there are boats that run like buses up and down it -- and this was my first time using them for utilitarian purposes. I was psyched.

Here's what the boat looks like --



Had my first day substitute teaching yesterday - which I have very mixed feelings about, and I'm working on getting a new computer.

Love to you all!
-Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment