Tuesday, October 7, 2008

California WOW!

I am now a proud card-carrying member of California WOW! Women’s Fitness.

I had never envisioned myself negotiating my gym membership, but.. that happened.

Since I didn’t expect to make them an offer, I was mostly confused, kind of uncomfortable, and repeatedly tried to leave during said negotiations - but in the end my very nice gym-tourguide Cake got her general manager involved, and I think it ended up being ok.

.. so I am now going to a gym that includes a hairdrying/ make-up room which is 2.5 times the size of my apartment. hilarious.

Time will tell whether I still got taken, but there are lots of grrl pwr inspirational quotes on the walls from the likes of Princess Di, Oprah, and Plato to cheer me up if that’s the case.

Also, here’s the Belgian chocolate place that’s on the first floor of the gym’s building.. which I think is brilliant/ kind of cruel.

1 comment:

  1. California WOW in Thailand... LA Fitness in England... what's with CA monopolizing fitness connotations around the globe...?

    ReplyDelete